Birkheads Secret Gardens and Nursery
Birkheads was created from a field by the present owners Christine & Mike Liddle, professional garden designers. Christine is the obsessive plantswoman and Mike whose main interests are, photography & food, runs the coffee shop.
What to see and do....
- Discover old & new gardens along winding paths into secret areas.
- Gardens full of colour, scent, ideas and inspirational plants.
- Bask in the serenity of the meditation garden listening to Curlews & Lapwings and other wonderful birdsongs.
- No garden ticket is necessary to visit the Coffee Shop, Gift Shop or Plant Sales area. So come along and browse our range of hardy plants & gifts before moving on for refreshments. Also in the Potting Shed we are expanding our unusual range of gifts and ideas for the gardener and non gardener, with an increased range of locally made goods this year by local craftspeople.
- Gift Vouchers; We issue gift vouchers for day entry tickets/season memberships/or plants. NB If you wish your gift voucher to be posted there will be an additional £1. to cover post and administration costs. To purchase on card ring 07778447920
- Enjoy a selection of freshly made light bites, filled rolls, savouries, delicious hot soup or just come to experience the choice of delicious cakes available in the charming coffee shop.We buy our products wherever possible from local suppliers to ensure that our ingredients etc are of the highest quality & responsibly sourced.
- On warm days watch & listen to the wide variety of birds while you have tea on the terrace. Red Kites are frequent flyers over the garden
- Half price entry to the gardens until March 21st includes Mothers Day, why not bring Mum along and give her a 'Bring a Friend' season ticket £23. then she and a friend can enjoy free access (when the gardens are open) until 21st April 2016.
- Snowdrop Weekend half price entry to the gardens.
We will open Feb. 28th for Snowdrops & Coffee weather permitting.
Click on FEBRUARY NEWS for updates
To see video previews of the gardens go to 'Links'header (Above) and then GARDEN VIDEOS-Winter 2012 Follow us on Twitter @ Birkheadssecret for updates & garden tips.
We are now closed for winter and hope to reopen Saturday Feb.28th weather permitting. If you would like to send an email to email@example.com we'll notify you the week that we reopen. We will not pester you with other emails.
GARDENS, NURSERY, POTTING SHED GIFT SHOP & COFFEE SHOP
2015 OPENING TIMES Closed until Feb 28th.
2015 CHARGES Adults £4.50 Seniors £4.20 Child(4-15)£2.00 includes Garden Quiz(for the under 9's)
Adult/Senior single season tickets available £12.00
Bring a friend (double) season ticket £23.00