Birkheads Secret Gardens and Nursery
Birkheads was created from a field by the present owners Christine & Mike Liddle, professional garden designers. Christine is the obsessive plantswoman and Mike whose main interests are, photography & food, runs the coffee shop.
What to see and do....
- Discover old & new gardens along winding paths into secret areas.
- Gardens full of colour, scent, ideas and inspirational plants.
- Bask in the serenity of the meditation garden listening to Curlews & Lapwings and other wonderful birdsongs.
- No garden ticket is necessary to visit the Coffee Shop, Gift Shop or Plant Sales area. So come along and browse our range of hardy plants & gifts before moving on for refreshments. Also in the Potting Shed we are expanding our unusual range of gifts and ideas for the gardener and non gardener, with an increased range of locally made goods this year by local craftspeople.
- Gift Vouchers; We issue gift vouchers for day entry tickets/season memberships/or plants. NB If you wish your gift voucher to be posted there will be an additional £1. to cover post and administration costs. To purchase on card ring 07778447920
- Enjoy a selection of freshly made light bites, filled rolls, savouries, delicious hot soup or just come to experience the choice of delicious cakes available in the charming coffee shop.We buy our products wherever possible from local suppliers to ensure that our ingredients etc are of the highest quality & responsibly sourced.
- On warm days watch & listen to the wide variety of birds while you have tea on the terrace. Red Kites are frequent flyers over the garden
WE ARE OPEN EASTER FRIDAY, SAT, SUN & MONDAY
Our Easter Egg Trail has started..until the end of the school holidays
Click on APRIL NEWS for updates
To see video previews of the gardens go to 'Links'header (Above) and then GARDEN VIDEOS-Winter 2012 Follow us on Twitter @ Birkheadssecret for updates & garden tips.
GARDENS, NURSERY, POTTING SHED GIFT SHOP & COFFEE SHOP
2015 OPENING TIMES 10am-5pm Easter Fri, Sat, Sun & Monday then Wednesday-Sunday until mid October.
2015 CHARGES Adults £4.50 Seniors £4.20 Child(4-15)£2.00 includes Garden Quiz(for the under 9's)
Adult/Senior single season tickets available £12.00
Bring a friend (double) season ticket £23.00