Birkheads Secret Gardens and Nursery
Birkheads was created from a field by the present owners Christine & Mike Liddle, professional garden designers. Christine is the obsessive plantswoman and Mike whose main interests are, photography & food, runs the coffee shop.
What to see and do....
- Discover old & new gardens along winding paths into secret areas.
- Gardens full of colour, scent, ideas and inspirational plants.
- Bask in the serenity of the meditation garden listening to Curlews & Lapwings and other wonderful birdsongs.
- Visit the traditional nursery to seek out those exclusive plants grown here and available all summer.
- The original potting shed is open for gifts,plants, tickets & & interesting old garden artefacts.
- Enjoy a selection of freshly made light bites, filled rolls, delicious hot soup or just come to experience the choice of delicious cakes available in the charming coffee shop.
- On warm days watch & listen to the wide variety of birds while you have tea on the terrace. Red Kites are frequent flyers over the garden
- Espresso Coffee beans are freshly ground for steamed coffees. A variety of Teas, Hot & Cold Drinks are also on offer.
- Hot drinks are also available in Fair-trade.
Visit our Blog via the 'Links' page for regular news and updates or feel free to add comments as feedback is always appreciated.
Click on 'May News' for this months updates.
To see video previews of the gardens go to 'Links'header (Above) and then GARDEN VIDEOS-Winter 2012
GARDENS, NURSERY, POTTING SHED GIFT SHOP & COFFEE SHOPWe're open now for the season, each week Wednesday-Sunday 10am - 5pm until Sept 30th. We are also open Bank Holiday Mondays May-Sept.10am-5pm
FREE ENTRY AREAS (all season)are the coffee shop, plant nursery and the tea terrace in the topiary garden.
CHARGES Adults £4.20 Seniors £3.95 Child(5-15)£1.50 includes Garden Quiz(under 9's)
Adult/Senior single season tickets available £11.50
Bring a friend (double)season ticket £22.00