Birkheads Secret Gardens and Nursery
Birkheads was created from a field by the present owners Christine & Mike Liddle, professional garden designers. Christine is the obsessive plantswoman and Mike whose main interests are, photography & food, runs the coffee shop.
What to see and do....
- Discover old & new gardens along winding paths into secret areas.
- Gardens full of colour, scent, ideas and inspirational plants.
- Bask in the serenity of the meditation garden listening to Curlews & Lapwings and other wonderful birdsongs.
- Visit the Original Potting Shed in the Plant Sales area which offers an unusual range of plants grown here in the gardens. Specialist advice is available on which plants best suit your soil & location. Find out which plants are best to supply nectar & pollen boosts to our beautiful native bees and buttterflies. You'll also find bird feeders & food to attract wild species although some of our birds are now so tame they will feed from our hands! Also in the Potting Shed we are expanding our unusual range of gifts and ideas for the gardener and non gardener, with an increased range of locally made goods this year by local craftspeople.
- Gift Vouchers; We issue gift vouchers for day entry tickets/season memberships/or plants. NB If you wish your gift voucher to be posted there will be an additional £1. to cover post and administration costs. To purchase on card ring 07778447920
- Enjoy a selection of freshly made light bites, filled rolls, savouries, delicious hot soup or just come to experience the choice of delicious cakes available in the charming coffee shop.We buy our products wherever possible from local suppliers to ensure that our ingredients etc are of the highest quality & responsibly sourced.
- On warm days watch & listen to the wide variety of birds while you have tea on the terrace. Red Kites are frequent flyers over the garden
- Espresso Coffee beans are freshly ground for all steamed coffees. A variety of Teas, Hot & Cold Drinks are also on offer.
- Hot drinks are also available in Fair-trade.
September News. We are open in aid of the RedCross on Saturday Sept. 6th.
Garden Tiger Moth at Birkheads
Click on 'AUG. NEWS for this months updates. Garden Tiger Moths in the Butterfly Garden.
To see video previews of the gardens go to 'Links'header (Above) and then GARDEN VIDEOS-Winter 2012 Follow us on Twitter @ Birkheadssecret for updates & garden tips.
We are open in aid of the Red Cross on Saturday 6th Sept.
GARDENS, NURSERY, POTTING SHED GIFT SHOP & COFFEE SHOP
2014 OPENING TIMES Wed-Sun 10am-5pm.
2014 CHARGES Adults £4.50 Seniors £4.20 Child(4-15)£2.00 includes Garden Quiz(for the under 9's)
Adult/Senior single season tickets available £12.00
Bring a friend (double) season ticket £23.00