WE only grow hardy herbaceous plants available for sale. Most of the plants for here are produced on the nursery by traditional methods from plants displayed in the gardens. We are a selective growers, propagating only the plants which we believe to be hardy and garden worthy. Most plants hold the RHS Award of Garden Merit.
The nursery provides visitors with the chance to purchase plants they may have seen growing in the gardens and feel that they can’t live without! We can usually grow to order for you if we’ve sold out.
BULBS are available March –Sept. ‘in the green’ lifted & potted by us during the cold winter months, all you have to do is collect them! None are from wild habitats. Bulbs include – winter, spring, summer & autumn flowering if you can’t see what you want, please ask.
PLANT SALES BEDS include;
- HARDY PERENNIAL PLANTS under the broad headings of
- ALPINES for SUN or SHADE, GROUND COVER for SUN or SHADE.
- TALL, MEDIUM & LOW perennials for SUN, SHADE & DAMP SOIL.
- AQUATICS include moisture lovers displayed in our barrel ponds.
- WILDFLOWERS, (bee friendly plants)
- SEASONAL – Plants that are in flower when you visit.
THE POTTING SHED GIFT SHOP
We have a small gift shop which offers a selection of garden and plant related, decorative, and useful items. We try to support local businesses, charities & artists each year. Quirky greetings cards & gifts by Alex Clark & Fine art animal drawings by Sarah Gee are very popular.